Turicum University Handball Challenge
We are sure you were looking forward to the Turicum University Handball Challenge; at least we were, too. Unfortunately, we have to cancel the tournament due to the developments regarding Coronavirus.
Details to follow...
- The games will take place at the Hönggerberg and Irchel University Sport Centers.
- It is a mixed tournament (minimum 2 ladies on the field).
- The handball rules of the IHF and additional local mixed team rules apply.
- The games will be refereed by official referees from the Swiss handball association (SHV).
- Trained first-aid helpers will be on site for the safety of the players.
The accommodation is located in the immediate proximity of the venue. The other location can be reached quickly and easily by public transport. It is a dormitory.
Zurich lies in the heart of Europe and is easy to reach from anywhere by train or plane. The city is known as Switzerland’s financial and economic capital and is considered to be one of the most livable cities in the world. It is very diverse and boasts an attractive location on the lake with a view of the Alps. The most important landmarks are all in the city center and easy to reach on foot or by public transport. All participants will receive a public transport ticket so they can explore the city. In Zurich you will find plenty of things to do in the evenings: during summertime, the nightlife takes place not just in clubs but also in outdoor public spaces. Where people swim and relax during the day, they also go to party in the evening.
The FAQs will be updated regularly. Can’t find the answer to your question? Write to us at email@example.com!
Why is it called “Turicum University Handball Challenge”?
Turicum was the name of a settlement in Roman times which lay in what is today Zurich’s historic district.
Who is allowed to take part in the handball tournament?
The tournament is exclusively for students of Swiss and European universities.
Can I cancel my registration?
The following booking conditions apply.
Can I book my own accommodation?
Of course - Package "no accommodation" is perfect for this. Please check the cancellation policy of your accommodation. The implementation decision will be made in end-April 2020.
Can I arrive by car?
Yes. Paid parking facilities are available at the Sport Centers.
Rules and regulations
- Teams are obliged to arrive on time for their games. If they are more than 5 minutes late, they lose the game and receive a forfeit of 0:10.
- The tournament language is English. When a game is between two German-language teams, the tournament language is German.
- Players may only play in the team they are registered with. Exceptions are made if a team is missing a player due to injury; team changes must be approved by the tournament director and the opposing team.
- The tournament includes a preliminary round, an intermediate round and a final round. During each game, six players and one goalkeeper per team are on the field. Local mixed team rules will follow. Winning a game earns a team 2 points and losing a game earns a team 0 points; if the score is tied, each team receives 1 point. In determining the final score in the preliminary round, first the number of points, then direct encounter, and finally the goal difference are decisive.
- The use of adhesive agents of any kind is prohibited in all the sports halls. Teams in which players use adhesive agents will be excluded from the tournament.
- In addition, the current rules of the IHF apply. The tournament director expressly reserves the right to make changes to the rules.
Am I insured during the tournament?
Participants are responsible for their own insurance.
Unfortunately, there is always a risk of theft! Do not leave your belongings in changing rooms or unattended in the sports halls. The ASVZ assumes no liability.
This section is only relevant for Zurich residents. Please see the German version for more information.